Put this under the category of shit I will not forget about for a long time. Last week I went to Design Madison's first conference, MakeSh!t, and I had such a great time. I spent most of it hanging with creative people who do awesome things.
From my notebook (mix of a bunch of speaker quotes, misquotes, re-interpretations, and thoughts):
- With rock solid branding you can create variety.
- Build your own reality.
- Don't Wait.
- It's only a fucking sign.
- Greatest sin is sitting on your ass.
- Take the time to get it right.
- Hear: Listen to customers, See: get out from behind your desk - immerse, Think: creative spark, Talk: collaborate.
- Think outside your current job.
- The magic of science and empathy.
- True to form.
- Communicate that you're a maker.
- Define yourself as an authority.
- Avoid using the word "like".
- Pleasure of recognition and the promise of meaning.
- What happens when there's no money.